SEN Primary School Teaching Assistant
We are currently working with primary schools in the Warrington area of Cheshire who are looking for SENTAs to work with children with special educational needs in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
Academics Ltd is an education agency who has been working with primary schools in Warrington for the last 10 years.
We are looking for teaching assistants with recent experience of:
- Supporting children with autism or Asperger's
- Supporting children with moderate learning difficulties
- Supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies such as PRICE or TeamTeach
- A background in social care such as children's social worker, family support or adults with mental health would also be considere
Benefits of SEN Teaching Assistant work with Academics Warrington
- Worked with schools in Warrington for more than 10 years
- Opportunity to change the lives of the most vulnerable young children in need of support and guidance
- Regular training courses and supply teacher and TA forums
- Competitive pay
- A range of long term opportunities as a teaching assistant
- Range of payroll options -PAYE or umbrella - whichever you prefer
As an Academics Teaching Assistant you will need
- At least 6 weeks experience in an environment working with children or teenagers in the last 2 years from which we can obtain detailed references.
- We would also need to cover the last 2 years of employment with references that confirm dates of employment and safeguarding.
- A positive can do attitude
- To be able to work 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Positive behaviour management strategies such as PRICE or Team Teach would be beneficial
- Experience of improving behaviour with boys would be beneficial
- Experience of supporting children with English as an additional language would be beneficial
In order to apply for this role please send a relevant up to date CV showing your experience of working with children to and call Michael or Rachael on to discuss your experiences
To be able to start this role you would need to attend an interview at our Warrington office to complete the safeguarding checks and have a clear enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service.
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS check. Academics Ltd is an employment business.