Support Worker - Botley
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Southampton / Botley and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
The people we support are at the centre of everything we do and we're looking for dedicated, hard-working individuals who really want to make a difference to peoples lives.
Whether you have previously worked within Health and Social Care as a Support Worker or Care Assistant or are looking for a complete change of career, we at Dimensions believe that everyone has something to offer the people we support and believe that life skills, the right attitude and genuine desire to help people improve their lives are the most important characteristic of a Support Worker.
This role involves supporting a gentleman with a very rigid routine for his day service.
He currently stays at home on a day to day basis and we are looking for someone to build his confidence to get him out and about in the community.
The gentleman has a learning disability, cerebral palsy, deaf and is non verbal. He can walk but will need to use a wheelchair in the community.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker looking to work Full Time and Part time.
The part time position will involve working every Friday over the lunch period and then one or two separate shifts on another day.
The days and time will be the same every week.
We are also recruiting for Full Time Support Workers to join our team at Kilford to support or services with daily tasks and getting out in the community.
You must have a Full UK/EU Drivers Licence to be successful for this position.
For more information about both roles, please contact Kelly Corder on .
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Jennifer Curtis on .
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don't be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees