Account Manager - The Pools Partnership
5 days left
- Full Time
Reach plc has teamed with Thepools and a vacancy has arisen for an Account Manager in our Betting and Gaming team here in our Canary Wharf office. In this role you will manage this very important strategic partnership for Reach plc on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will take the lead in managing all media promotion/ execution of Thepools and Footie5 in Reach brands and channels, and will liaise with stakeholders across the business (commercial, editorial, ad ops, product, regional), in CW and our regional centres, and at all levels of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain profile, to develop knowledge of all our brands, platforms and formats, learn new skills, and to have ownership of the success of a new national digital brand.
Reach plc is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as mirror, the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles and websites including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and we have a bigger online monthly audience than all our competitors including Mail Online and News UK.
Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Front line role in the management of Reach promotional activity for Thepools:
- Day-to-day management of Thepools from a Reach perspective, coordinating activities at a group level
- Liaising with colleagues and stakeholders across the group, in all functions, to ensure we are delivering against the agreed activity schedule
Successfully executing campaigns for Thepools
- Managing the weekly media schedule, and booking media, including the provision of ad creative
- Monitoring campaign delivery; working with the Ad Ops and Publishing teams to ensure delivery, redeploy under-delivery and identifying/ taking additional inventory opportunities
- Working with editorial colleagues to ensure content-based activity is delivered and supporting information and assets are shared
- Working with Product/ Development colleagues to drive the deployment of effective integrated and data-driven solutions
Reporting and optimisation
- Monitoring campaign performance and optimising / recommending formats, media, devices, audiences segments, timing
- Producing reports on campaign delivery and performance (utilising both DFP and Google Analytics)
The Ideal Candidate
Required knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours
- To be able to demonstrate a good sales track record, show strong potential for future media sales success and to be able to create compelling media solutions
- Managing diverse stakeholders and delivering success in projects that are within/ out of your direct control
- Proficient in MS Office software, particularly Excel
Desirable knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours
- A strong understanding of the Reach plc business: our brands and businesses; channels and formats; and booking and trafficking systems (including Salesforce, ASP, DFP, Google Analytics, comScore)
- A strong communicator with the ability to be persuasive through verbal and written communications
- Intense attention to detail whilst working under pressure of tight deadlines
- Work well in a team environment, some of whom are located in other areas of the UK
- Hunger to learn new skills and increase digital knowledge
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.