Continual Service Improvement Manager
Continual Service Improvement Manager
Ofcom requires a proactive approach and focus to service improvement, beyond reactive service management, that results in improved internal efficacy, increased business value and an improved perception of ICT services. The CSI Manager is required to champion and lead embedding this culture of Continual Service Improvement at Ofcom.
Purpose of the Role
The CSI Manager will ensure the right data and training needs are identified, they are gathered and assessed by our partner in the right combinations to break down silos and produce information that can be used to enrich our understanding of true service performance, pre-empting problems and opportunities for improvements.
The CSI Manager will lead the change and adoption of new and existing ICT systems and technology. A key focus will be to drive the vision and values of Ofcom by identifying training needs, the development and delivery of customised ICT training. This training is anticipated to be delivered by the ICT team ‘Tech Hub / Genius Bar’ by request. This will include identifying and communicating new features included in ‘evergreen’ Cloud based products such as Office 365 and mobile apps.
A key focus will be on monitoring the effectiveness of the service life-cycle processes and customer engagements, instigating initiatives to investigate potential opportunities for improvement and recommending alternative approaches that are aligned to business needs and strategy.
Working closely with the Service Management Team and partners to agree CSI initiative prioritisation and management of the Service Improvement Plan. Confirming initiatives have effectively delivered the expected outcomes and report progress to management and the wider business.
Requirements of the Role
The CSI Manager will be accountable and responsible for aspects of the following key service processes:
- Ofcom’s Continuous Service Improvement Programme
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change and Adoption management
- Leading on new technology training plan
*CSI is closely related to the following processes and their performance report should be used to identify opportunities for improvement: Availability, Capacity, Business Continuity, Knowledge Management, Incident, Request and Event
As a relatively small ICT team, there is a need for this role to support a number of ad hoc activities relating to:
- Procurement of new services
- Support management and resolution of Major Incidents*
- Service Level Management
- Project Management
*This includes being part of an on call rota which operates 24x7. The CSIM will be expected to be on call (27x7) approximately 1 week in 6
Skills, knowledge and experience
Continuous Service Improvement
- In depth knowledge of Office 365 and Active Directory
- Identify and remediate technical knowledge or training gaps
- Experience of producing Quick Guides and Hints & Tips sheets
Business Process Improvement
- Analyse business processes and identify how technology can improve / automate the process
- Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme.
- Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
Service Level Management
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels.
- Assists the creation and maintenance of a catalogue of available services.
- Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Enables development of problem solutions.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Analyses patterns and trends.
- Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures.
- Investigates escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution.
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
- Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed.
- Analyses causes of incidents and informs service owners in order to minimise probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement.
- Analyses metrics and reports on performance of incident management process.
ITIL qualification, Expert or Master level would be highly regarded.
- Planning, Project & Programme Management
- Relationship Management (Internal/External)
- Communication (Written & Oral)
- Problem Solving & Analysis
The closing date for applications is the 20th January 2019. Interviews for this position are due to take place w/c 28 January 2019.
To apply for the role of Continual Service Improvement Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Continual Service Improvement Manager, CSI Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, IT Improvement Manager, Process Improvement Manager, IT.