Single Handed Gardener
Hours to be worked:
39 hours per week
8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday,
8am – 4pm Friday with one hour for lunch
Michael Baxter, Estate Manager
The following is a brief guide to the maintenance / restoration work that will be required, which is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- Mowing terrace lawns using a ride on cylinder mower.
- Cutting larger rough grassed areas using ride on tractor mower.
- Weeding & maintaining borders.
- Pruning & tying back shrubs, roses, honeysuckle etc. to terrace walls.
- Edging off lawns.
- Feeding, scarifying, rolling and weed control on lawns as necessary.
- Clearing river / riverbanks of obstructions.
- Strimming river / canal banks and other long grassed areas.
- Spraying gravel paths to keep clear of weeds.
- Maintaining private gardens around cottages used by Estate owner and other family members.
- Maintaining area around Bothy Offices.
- Planting bulbs, trees, shrubs etc.
- Propagation of replacement plants and care of house/garden plants for Estate owner in small greenhouse.
- Cutting beech and other hedges in season.
- Clearing leaves in season.
- Other duties as necessary.
The salary package will include a basic salary, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum, entitlement to join the Estate’s contributory money purchase pension scheme with a 10% contribution from the employer and 5% from the employee after one years completed service, death in service benefit.
For job description and application form please contact 01483 282032 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Gardener
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly