Chef / Cook / Restaurant Chef / Preparation Chef
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Chef
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week with additional hours in mornings/evenings and weekends as an essential feature of the role.
The Company sells the very best food and drink from Yorkshire; with a fully stocked butchery counter, a deli counter laden with fresh pies, pasties and amazing cheese. Fruit and veg straight from the farms and lots of lovely jams and chutneys alongside freshly baked local bread and mouthwatering cakes. They also have a lovely cafe which serves everything from a full Yorkshire Breakfast through to cream teas and an extensive lunch menu.
The Company acts as a shop window for local farmers and producers giving a crucial local market for their produce. The shop is Britain's first charitable food hall with all profits re-invested to benefit the rural community. They are dedicated to delivering the best possible service to its customers. In fact, they have regular mystery shopping reviews to help maintain their high standards of customer care.
Purpose of the Role:
To work as part of a busy team to run a successful Food Service throughout the day and occasionally for special evening events.
- To work as part of a busy team to run a successful Food Service throughout the day and occasionally for special evening events. In addition to prepare food to be sold in the shop and deli and helping in Fodder on the Hoof.
- Prepare, cook and present food in a timely manner ensuring consistency and high quality. The Chef will have a good understanding of margins.
- Be prepared to work hard in a small but close team and share their passion for great food and service.
- To work with the Head chef to manage stock surpluses and use them to prepare daily specials for the café and for customers to buy in the shop.
- To prepare food for sale in the shop, deli and Fodder on the Hoof is a key element of this role and for the financial success of the Company.
- Ensure that all aspects of environmental health, health and safety, cleanliness, food, fire and other legislation is adhered to in the Kitchen. Health and safety and food hygiene is a priority.
- Observe all relevant Health and Safety and EHO legislation to ensure all working practises and processes reflect best practise.
- Provide on-going support to the Kitchen and café team by working in a polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- To help with daily cleaning and oversee planned maintenance of all Kitchen premises and equipment.
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
The successful Candidate will:
- Demonstrate considerable experience in working within a team to run a successful food service
- Preferably have a Food Safety qualification
- Be a hands on part of the working team
- Adhere to agreed food preparation, cooking and presentation standards
- Have a passion both for cooking and serving good food
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively present food and respond to questions from clients, customers and the general public
- Have good oral communication and negotiation skills
- Be able to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- Demonstrate good Customer service skills
- Have excellent Health, safety and food awareness.
- Possess good team working skills to work with other staff in the business
- 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group personal pension scheme)
- 34 days holiday - inc bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Chef De Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Restaurant Chef, Breakfast Chef, Experienced Chef, Kitchen Chef, Catering, Food Catering, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook, Assistant Chef, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Manager and Kitchen Supervisor will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Chef / Cook / Restaurant Chef / Preparation Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly