Renewable Energy Project Officer
Renewable Energy Project Officer
Location | Blackburn
Salary | £24,317 p/annum (Grade 6)
3 Years Fixed Term Contract | 37 hours p/week
Closing Dates | Wednesday 16 January 2019
Interviews | Held 30th January in our Blackburn office
Together Housing are a leading Housing Association, which is constantly innovating and finding better and more efficient ways of working. It improves the lives of thousands of people across the North of England, from Blackburn & Salford to Hull & Derby. This role will be based within our Blackburn, Lancashire office with occasional travel to other business sites / training venues.
This role will be to operate as the Project Officer on a new pilot scheme to pair solar power generation with battery storage on 250 of our tenanted properties. This innovative scheme will deliver benefits for tenants through lower energy bills and is designed to collect detailed operational data to prepare an investment case for an expansion of the project over the long-term
As well as working with our customers you will be working in partnership with external organisations, with contractors engaged to deliver the project and most importantly, to work with the community to ensure they are fully engaged, on board and co-operating with the project.
The project is designed to demonstrate to the social housing sector how these investments can be made to deliver tenant benefits, a return on investment and carbon savings. You will be responsible for manage the promotion of the project, disseminating the findings through publications and events to a wide range of external bodies.
You will need to plan, manage and deliver a targeted community engagement programme to tenants, customers and importantly other Together Housing teams in various estates throughout the Pennine region of Lancashire and to sign up tenants to this scheme.
In order to complete this role you will require the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working within the energy sector a sound understanding of solar energy, renewable energy and domestic energy efficiency
- Experience of having worked with both private sector and commercial organisations
- A commercial understanding of investment projects in the energy sector
- Knowledge of financial systems and reporting procedures
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of a multi-agency team
The ideal candidate will also hold a degree level qualification in a relevant subject area
Due to the nature of this role a full driving license is required, with access to your own vehicle insured for business use.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Newly refurbished, comfortable and modern offices
- A wide range of professional development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- OR Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org