RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER – 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Are you an experienced manager looking to work in an exceptional, fun, fashion business? Do you want to have a real involvement in the day to day operations of a successful retail business? Are you looking for a role that will develop your skills and provide an excellent career platform?
Initially starting on a 12 month maternity cover contract, we have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager, ideally with a retail background, to join a dynamic, award winning, fun and well-established team. Reporting to the Directors you will have a passion for stylish and fashionable clothes, together with excellent leadership skills to manage all aspects of the business, which includes 2 retail outlets and a busy online distribution warehouse. You will be passionate about customer service and will have the energy and passion to help drive this outstanding and exciting business forward. Whilst previous fashion experience would be valuable it is not essential.
This is a truly fabulous opportunity for an experienced Manager, ideally from a retail background, to join a fun team, established for 12 years, dealing with a target market of female customers aged between 35 and 60. Experience of managing staff is essential but training will be provided in all other aspects of the role, over an initial 2 month hand over period, as required.
- Driving, motivating and engaging the team across various departments
- Implementing new policies and procedures
- Maintaining team by recruiting, inducting and training employees
- HR - Developing staff by training, planning, monitoring, reviewing, disciplining and appraising job results.
- Accounts and finance
- Develop and deliver marketing campaigns
- Consistency with communication between the team and higher management
- Weekly & Monthly Meetings with Directors and Management
- Contribute to the growth of the business, manifesting innovative, forward thinking, ideas and plans
- Health & Safety
- Management experience essential
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working at speed and under pressure
- A “hands on” and “lead by example” attitude
- Good problem solver
- Full driving licence an advantage.
Although the role is on a 12 month fixed term contract, providing cover for a period of maternity, the business is growing at such a pace that there will be a good chance of a permanent contract in the future.
If you are currently working in Retail Management, or as a shop manager or Customer Service Manager this may well be the job for you.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ROLE WILL BE 3 DAYS PER WEEK FOR THE FIRST 2 MONTHS BEFORE GOING FULL TIME FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CONTRACT**