Our client’s company exists to help mankind win the war against pathogens. They identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. They are an exciting start-up backed by the UK’s fastest growing pharmaceutical company aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
They are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and veterinary diagnostics sector to develop their products:
1) SmartControl – Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity with zero capital expenditure.
2) SwiftDetect - A rapid test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using their hybrid PCR technology.
What they’re looking for
They are now looking for a Lab Technician to join the SwiftDetect team. This highly sensitive microbial detection test will replace traditional sterility testing and validation activities within the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector. They are also developing the test for use in the human and veterinary diagnostic sector, with a current focus on bovine tuberculosis. They are looking for someone conscientious to join the team in supporting the research scientists in performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data.
What you’ll do
The laboratory technician will work closely with the research scientists and academic supervisors and will carry out testing for research and as a commercial service. Your role will report directly to the Head of Operations.
- Perform laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately
- Receive and prepare samples
- Record results, sometimes interpret and present to senior colleagues
- Ensure the laboratory is well stocked and kept clean and tidy in line with GLP requirements
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment such as safety cabinets, PCR machines and incubators
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
- Follow strict safety procedures and safety checks
What they’re looking for
- Two to three years’ experience working in a microbiology laboratory environment
- Working experience of PCR methodologies
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and COSHH
- An excellent communicator - both verbally and in written form
- Well organised and tidy with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, within a small team
Even better if you have…
- Experience working within a GMP environment
What you’ll get
- Salary range £18,000 to £24,000 per annum
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday (increasing with service)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme (dependent on profit goals)
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol and Chippenham.
Come and join them in revolutionising microbiology.
If you are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply with your CV and a cover letter ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Sunday 6th January 2019. Interviews will take place in week commencing 21st January 2019. You will be contacted by Tuesday 8th January 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.