Team Leader - Packing
- Full Time
Team Leader – Packing
Born from humble beginnings in 1817, Ernest Jackson provides a wide range of healthcare products to keep families at their best. We are part of a leading group that includes some of the world’s best-known confectionery, food, and beverage brands.
We are now looking for a Team Leader to join our packing operation in Crediton, which is commutable from Exeter, Okehampton, Taunton, Plymouth and Barnstaple.
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Contributory pension (up to 4%)
- 35 days’ holiday allowance per annum (incl. Bank Holidays; option to purchase additional annual holiday)
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits programme
- Free ’fit for life’ medical assessments
- Paid community volunteering days
- Online university learning materials
- Access to international group job vacancies
- Participation in frequent social events
If you are a manufacturing professional with Six Sigma and IOSH managing safety qualifications, this is an outstanding opportunity to take on a fresh challenge with an amazing Devon-based company.
With a rich 200 year history, Ernest Jackson creates amazing and well-known products that sooth throats and ease coughing. They have unique experience in the healthcare and confectionery markets and are committed to delivering the best tasting healthcare products.
You’ll discover that we offer an excellent range of benefits, as well as great development opportunities, to ensure that you feel recognised, challenged and engaged in your role.
As the Team Leader, you’ll oversee a large team of up to 50 Operatives through the direct line management of Senior Operators and the indirect management of Operatives.
You will ensure that our packaging targets are achieved, and focus is placed on safety, quality and sustainability.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop internal talent to ensure the workforce fulfils its potential
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives within manufacturing
- Ensure a clear focus on quality is maintained
- Actively contribute to the implementation of projects
- Identify drivers for enhanced production
- Plan, analyse and challenge labour requirements and usage
To be considered as the Team Leader, you will need:
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems
- Technical knowledge of process and packaging plants
- At a minimum, a Green Belt Six Sigma
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification or equivalent
- To be educated to at least A-Level standard (or equivalent)
An awareness of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 requirements would be beneficial to your application.
Webrecruit and our Ernest Jackson are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking for an incredible opportunity as a Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.