1 day left
- Full Time
Salary range £18000 to £22000
Generous overtime rates
Fully funded training
Our well-established client is looking for an IT Technician to join and support their team. You may have recently graduated with a degree in Computer Studies, be an experienced IT Support Technician or an experienced Microsoft Certified Engineer. The main role of the team of IT Technicians is to offer first and second line support to top-performing, well known, organisations across Lincolnshire via the telephone and using remote support technology as necessary. You will have a passion for delivering a high standard of customer service, along with efficient and timely verbal and written communication skills. Reporting to the Technical Manager you will undertake recurring IT tasks on a regular basis, in a confidential manner, reporting outcomes as appropriate.
Personal Specification – IT Technician:
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency - 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Good understanding of IT security.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and how to configure, patch and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence.
Key IT Technician responsibilities:
- Support Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures, log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
Apply for IT Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly