Procurement Specialist (Canary Wharf)
Urgent requirement for a Senior OJEU Procurement expert for a 3-6 month.
One of the largest pension firms in the UK are at PIN (Prior information notice) stage with a huge BPO procurement programme and need a senior interim to help them get to the pre-OJEU phase of activity.
This company is a high profile financial services giant who have been tasked with delivering a high profile, large workplace automatic enrolment pension scheme which millions have chosen as their scheme of choice. It continues to grow to unprecedented numbers and will become the largest in the UK. It has millions of assets under management and a highly sophisticated, award winning investment strategy. Based in Canary Wharf.
This is a senior role within a critical programme. It will be looking at pre-procurement of a large IT BPO, working closely with the Head of commercial you will help shape the commercial strategy for the forthcoming procurement as well as supporting the commercial negotiations with suppliers. You will be involved in all phases of the programme helping in the creation of various procurement deliverables. This role is outside IR35 on a daily rate.
- Develop procurement strategy - confirm, approach to market, look at incumbent contract
- Commercial Approach - identify key question for dialogue bids and techniques for evaluations
- Logistics - ensure OJEU parameters/accountability processes in place
I'm looking for a highly experienced procurement specialist who can commit to a 6-month period, specifically
- Significant experience of public procurement regulations and practices including the EU directives, gained via the running of efficient and compliant business process outsourcing (BPO) procurements
- Demonstrable experience of the commercials of large-scale BPO and IT projects
- Knowledge and expertise on OGC guidance on contract management
- Good understanding of contract law in relation to provision of BPO and IT services.
- Good understanding of how contractual arrangements fit with operational reality
- Excellent writing skills
This is really is a great opportunity and a crucial role to play in the company leading the way in the pension world. They're looking to start interviewing and get someone on board ASAP.