Deputy Property / Maintenance Manager
Deputy Property / Maintenance Manager for Bedruthan and Scarlet Hotels
Our Property Team provide planned and reactive maintenance necessary to preserve our reputation for the comfort and safety of our guests across both hotels, Bedruthan Hotel & Spa and The Scarlet.
The role of Deputy Property Manager assists the Property Manager in all areas of facilities maintenance. You will need to deliver excellent customer service to guests and teams whilst completing reactive and planned maintenance tasks, keeping to budgets, deadlines and legislation. You will need to be a mentor for other team members to complete works in a safe and professional manner.
You will need to interact with our guests and staff so you must be able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English, be numerate and have basic computer skills.
As part of the management team, this role sits on the Duty Management rota, for which training will be given.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with recruitment, training and retaining a high quality team
- Being a flexible cog in the smooth operation of the hotel
- Friendly and professional relationships with guests, staff and suppliers
- Weekly KPIs and monthly management accounts, stock management, rota planning
- Health & Safety including risk assessments, COSHH, fire safety
The ideal person will understand how to use power tools safely and have a good knowledge of the various skills required to maintain property to a high standard. Be physically able to lift and carry 20KG sacks and loads.
You need to be able to follow instructions, solve problems and prioritise effectively. A ‘can do’ approach with an eye for detail is essential as is the completion of tasks to a high standard.
To be able to apply for this position, you must have previous experience of managing a team, working in a planned and reactive maintenance environment, construction trades as well as awareness of appropriate legislation, health and safety.
- £25,000 per year
- Permanent contract for 42.5 hours per week including a Saturday or Sunday
- 28 days holiday (29 after 1 year)
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free use of tennis court and swimming pool
- Access to gym
- Hotel tips
- Discounts on hotel services and products
- More perks for Managers
- A free experience of our restaurant and rooms
- Cashback plan for health and wellbeing
- Up to 3% company matched contribution to pension
- More perks with long service
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to submit your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Sunday 20 January 2019
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.