Apprentice Field Service Technician
Apprentice Field Service Technician
Honiton, Devon (office/field based, covering a site in Honiton)
Want to develop an exciting career in a growing industry? Looking to gain valuable skills and qualifications while you earn? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a cutting-edge business as an Apprentice Field Service Technician.
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Arqiva, a leading UK communications infrastructure company enabling a vibrant digital economy.
As an independent provider of telecom towers, Arqiva manage around 8,000 active licensed sites, and are the only national provider of terrestrial television and radio broadcasting.
Now, Arqiva are looking for an Apprentice Field Service Technician to join them and embark on a three year apprenticeship programme starting in September 2019.
GK Apprenticeships are the training provider for Arqiva and are offering this apprenticeship on behalf of Arqiva who are the hiring party.
- Salary of £16,000 per annum
- Comprehensive range of core benefits including group life assurance, income protection and employee assistance helpline
- Voluntary benefits including healthcare/dental, high street discounts and the ability to purchase additional leave
- Develop your career with a modern and fast-paced business
- Ongoing support to keep you on top of your work and deadlines
- Gain valuable industry qualifications
Your apprenticeship will combine a formal education with on-the-job training supported by local mentors. You’ll be provided with all the support you need to gain your Level 4 Diploma or Foundation Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering and a Level 4 Vocational Competence diploma.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to progress into roles within terrestrial broadcast engineering, making this the ideal role in which to carve out a rewarding career.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and succeed with a pioneering leader in an always on, always connected world. Apply today to find out how far your ambition could take you.
As an Apprentice Field Service Technician, you’ll learn how to provide design, operational, maintenance and build support for a range of broadcast and telecommunications systems and networks.
During your training programme, you’ll be required to travel and spend time away from home – all accommodation and travel will be arranged by Arqiva and expenses will be paid.
As a member of Arqiva’s Field Services Team, you’ll carry out work in all weathers, attend isolated, rural hilltop locations and work alone (once you’ve gained the required skills), so a love for the outdoors and an adventurous approach is key.
You will learn how to:
- Complete corrective and planned maintenance activities
- Maintain TV, radio and telecommunication radio networks
- Help Arqiva’s National Project Team to install, commission and upgrade new or existing broadcast systems
- Use, maintain and secure a range of test equipment
- Repair and configure electronic and mechanical broadcast and telecoms equipment
To join Arqiva as an Apprentice Field Service Technician, you’ll need:
- At least two A-Levels (or equivalent), ideally including, Maths, IT or Science, preferably Physics
- A minimum of five GCSEs (or the Scottish equivalent or new 2017 standard grades 9-4) at grade C or above, including Maths, English and IT or Science, preferably Physics
- A full, valid driving licence at the starting date of the role in September 2019
- To be self-motivated and eager to learn
- Great team-working skills
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice Field Service Technician, Broadcast Engineering Apprentice, Trainee Field Service Engineer, Junior Maintenance Engineer, Trainee Maintenance Engineer or Apprentice Telecommunications Engineer.
Please note, this is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. Arqiva provides a 24/7 service to customers, so you’ll also need to take part in an on-call rota, covering nights and weekends.
Webrecruit and Arqiva are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to learn and grow as an Apprentice Field Service Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.