Trainee Wayleave Officer
We are recruiting for a Trainee Wayleave Officer, due to expanding workload in the provision of Consenting Services to a major Utility provider.
- An understanding of agricultural practices and the environment would be of advantage
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment would be of advantage
- Competent in the use of Land Registry searches
- A calm, positive attitude, able to prioritise
- Able to learn quickly, effectively and confidently
- PC literate with a knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- A basic understanding of Wayleave agreements, easements, lease processes and associated remuneration arrangements.
- Welsh Speaking advantageous
- A clean and current driving license
Trainee Wayleave Officer role
- Prepare & define the Terms of Wayleave agreements, create both Wayleaves and Easement plans for the securing of rights.
- Assist in the preparation of Planning Applications to the Local Authority.
- Liaise throughout the consenting process with customers, property owners, housing associations, property developers, local authorities and others in obtaining all appropriate consents and permissions.
- Review and assist in the settlement of land damage claims
- Maintain excellent relationships with landowners, agents, consulting engineers, contractors and government bodies.
- Adhere to internal and external, regulatory, operational and compliance procedures.
- Calculate compensation for permanent rights (easement) and wayleave rentals
- Provide clerical support to field operatives.
- Deal with amendments and changes to consents, permissions and planning applications.
- Carry out land searches, compile and maintain accurate records of land ownership details and interaction with landowners and their agents
A training package will be provided covering all aspects of the role with emphasis given to securing all necessary consents, permissions and other rights as required in meeting our Client’s expectations and in delivering excellent customer service.
This is a full-time position with a competitive remuneration package and employment benefits for the right candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below by attaching a short covering letter detailing why you believe you would be suitable for the role together with your CV in word format.