Apprentice Test Analyst
Apprentice Test Analyst
Crawley, Nr Winchester, Hampshire
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Arqiva, a leading UK communications infrastructure company enabling a vibrant digital economy.
As an independent provider of telecom towers, Arqiva manage around 8,000 active licensed sites, and are the only national provider of terrestrial television and radio broadcasting.
Now, GK Apprenticeships are looking for an Apprentice Test Analyst to join Arqiva for a two year apprenticeship starting in September 2019 that will lead to a level four software testing qualification.
We are the training provider for Arqiva and are offering this apprenticeship on behalf of Arqiva who are the hiring party.
- Salary of £16,000 per annum
- Comprehensive range of core benefits including group life assurance, income protection and employee assistance helpline
- Voluntary benefits including healthcare/dental, high street discounts and the ability to purchase additional leave
- Develop your career with a modern and fast-paced business
- Ongoing support to keep you on top of your work and deadlines
- Gain valuable industry qualifications
This is an amazing opportunity for an engaged, ambitious and IT-focused individual looking to develop an incredible career in the software industry with a fantastic telecoms company.
You’ll experience superb training, a switched-on team and the mentoring and support you need to forge a rewarding career.
As an Apprentice Test Analyst, you will learn all aspects of software testing and develop insight into software testing processes within a professional environment.
Specifically, you will learn how to design and prepare test plans, conduct testing from the analysis of functional and non-functional requirements and report on test results.
This role will see you combining experience gained within the workplace (on the job training) with formal education alongside support from local mentors and educational assessors.
You will also learn to:
- Produce testing materials including scripts, data, scenarios, environments and regression packs
- Execute testing in-line with agreed requirements
- Log and rectify bugs
- Report accurately on testing and bug fixes
- Provide assistance for user acceptance testing
To be considered as an Apprentice Test Analyst, you will need:
- A minimum of two A-Levels or 5 Highers (or equivalent), ideally in Maths or IT
- At least five GCSEs (or Scottish equivalent or 2017 standard grades 9-4) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- A professional attitude and well-presented appearance
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice Test Analyst, Apprentice Software Tester, Trainee Software Tester, Trainee Test Analyst, Junior Software Tester, Apprentice IT Tester, or IT Testing Apprentice.
Webrecruit, GK Apprenticeships and Arqiva are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to embark on an amazing adventure as an Apprentice Test Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.