1 day left
- Part Time
Salary Grade point 25 to point 28
(£23,111 to £25,463) 21 hours weekly. Salary pro rata
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year. We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Co-ordinator to join the team to help HARP engage the community and achieve our aim to help local people overcome homelessness for good. Reporting to the Fundraising & Communications Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate HARP’s press strategy.
- Contribute to the delivery of high impact communications plans and campaigns in line with HARP’s strategic plan.
- Develop and be the guardian of HARP’s tone of voice and public image.
- Advise senior managers on HARP’s approach to media relations.
- Be the main point of contact for all public relations enquiries, and lead on responding to these enquiries.
- Create content for and update HARP’s website and social media channels, with a focus on improving public engagement through social media channels.
- Be willing to work unsocial hours as and when required to meet the needs of the post.
As well as advising Trustees, Managers and staff on all areas of communications, the Communications Co-ordinator will play a crucial role in promoting the difference HARP makes to homeless people in Southend. Quote Reference CC1.
Closing Date: 22/01/2019 midday
Short Listing Day: 23/01/2019
Interview Day: 04/02/2019
To apply, download an application from our website by clicking apply. HARP do not accept CVs.
Charity No: 1098126
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer