Product Designer - Award Winning Agency
Product Designer - Award Winning Agency
Situated in Bath, we are a key division of Big Group Limited, a creative digital marketing agency. We work with some of the world’s largest brands to deliver innovative retail design projects that enliven and enhance retail experiences.
Matching competitive tech with human interaction, we aim to keep high streets buzzing with engaged shoppers who enjoy going into stores and browsing physical products rather than leafing through countless online pages.
Since 1991, we’ve had a successful track record of delivering inspirational creativity and proven results for our global client base. We’re now looking for a Product Designer to support our POS and retail product activities.
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
- 20 days’ holiday plus Christmas shutdown and Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer scheme
- Flu jab and eye tests
- Fresh fruit delivery
This is a fantastic opportunity for a design professional with POS and retail design experience to further their career with our amazing company.
With a huge range of big-name clients, a superb office environment and a great team behind them, we are highly successful and have recently won awards for our display units.
What’s more, there is a huge range of benefits and increments which means you’ll gain so much more than just a salary and will develop a stronger work/life balance and a healthier, more productive lifestyle.
As a Product Designer, you will be tasked with bringing life to POS (Point of Sale) product briefs and creating exciting designs that will attract attention to advertised products and brands.
Specifically, you will develop POS displays and retail advertising concepts from brief through prototyping and testing to final design detail and production. You’ll join a small team consisting of four other Designers, two Account Directors and one Creative Director.
Your role will also involve:
- Creating technical drawings, specified production methods and material specifications
- Completing all project documentation including drawings, tolerances, materials, processes and finishes
- Managing several projects simultaneously
- Communicating within the design function and externally as required
- Finishing all work within the specified timelines
To be considered as a Product Designer, you will need:
- Relevant experience in a POS design and manufacturing company in a design role
- A strong understanding of manufacturing techniques in plastics and sheet metal fabrication, injection moulding and joinery
- Competency in SolidWorks
- A strong creative portfolio from the retail design sector that demonstrates originality and a broad range of skills on live, professional projects and assembly modelling technical drawings and bill of materials
- Good freehand design skills
- A degree level qualification in product, industrial or engineering design
The ability to test principals by making mock-up rigs in a workshop environment would be beneficial to your application. Workshop and/or model shop experience would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Product Design Technician, POS Designer, Retail Designer, Design Technician, Designer, Visual Product Designer, In-Store Product Designer, or SolidWorks Technician.
Webrecruit and Big Group are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to advance your career as a Product Designer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.