Production Supervisor / Manufacturing Manager
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
The Company is an award-winning UK manufacturer and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products and they are now looking to hire a Production Supervisor to join their team.
As Europe's largest water treatment manufacturer it is their mission to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. Their best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, they provide innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, and the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of their growth strategy.
Their leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Their best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is further supported by their own range of premium quality chemicals.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company.
Purpose of the Role:
The effective supervision of production staff to ensure the required output levels are achieved whilst working within the company, quality and health and safety standards.
- Ensure production output targets are achieved
- Effectively manage priorities
- Recruitment, training, development & motivation of production staff
- Organise the timely supply of raw material to the production area
- Assist in the planning of all production activities
- Ensure quality checks are carried out against, and in accordance with, the standard operating procedures (SOP`s)
- Make recommendations to improve productivity and quality awareness
- Support the construction and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP`s)
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Monitor, measure, and provide KPI information for the department.
- Work within the company ISO Quality Management System and Standards
- Ensure the maintenance of facilities and equipment are supported and any issues reported
- Setting, monitoring and achieving performance goals of department.
- Ensure the companies Health & Safety Standards and policies are adhered too.
- Support the stock take activity on an annual basis
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Monitor timekeeping and attendance of staff
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have experience of supervising / managing production staff
- Have a good working knowledge of stock control systems
- Have a working knowledge of Office 365
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Lead by example
- Be methodical in both planning & organizing
- Display enthusiasm and commitment
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
The following would be beneficial but is not essential:
- Experience of high volume manufacturing
- A supervisory management qualification
- A first aid qualification
- A fork lift license (RTIBT approved counter balance / articulated)
- Some mechanical aptitude
As well as a competitive salary, the successful candidate will also benefit from a range of excellent benefits which includes:
- A generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Employee discounts
In addition, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company, offering great scope for career progression and a commitment to your ongoing training and development.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if we receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, it's not always is possible to reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard something within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Production Manager, Production Planning Manager, Planning Manager, Production Controller, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Manager, Production Supervisor, QA Manager, Production Manufacturing, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Team Leader may also be considered for this role.