Business Development/ Sales Manager
Job Title: Cycle of Good Business Development and Sales Manager
Reporting to: Krizevac UK Manager
Contract Type: One year in first instance, renewable. 6-month probationary period. Full Time 37.5 Hours per week.
Purpose of Role
Cycle of Good is the principle trading arm for Krizevac Project. We import fairly traded products from Malawi for sale in the UK and internationally. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the project from seeking new business through to ensuring customers are delighted by their products and the experience. 90% of all our trading is completed online, therefore there is a particular need for the post holder to have a thorough grasp of all aspects digital marketing. New for 2019, Cycle of Good aims to establish international sales channels, ideally the successful candidate will have worked within an international sales environment.
Online Retail Sales:
- Create and maintain an online business plan in order to achieve agreed targets
- Drive traffic to the Cycle of Good website and increase visitor rates to agreed targets- have proactive oversight of SEO and conversion rates to increase the effectiveness of the website
- Develop and manage the website whilst also being innovative with regards to marketing campaigns.
- Plan and manage all online advertising including pay-per-click
- Create and manage a structured email customer communications system
- Generate and distribute copy for planned and timely monthly newsletters
- Manage the supply of stock to Amazon and other online retailers
- Develop affiliate marketing programs
Business To Business Sales:
- Develop new B2B sales through a variety of appropriate methods including: cold calling, email campaigns, face to face meetings and trade shows to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Employ a systematic follow up process, ensuring that customers are aware of new products and re-stocked with existing ones.
Face to Face Retail:
- Assess the benefits of attending trade and retail shows. Plan and manage attendance at shows accordingly. (Will include weekend work and the need to drive the company van).
- Create attractive and relevant displays
- Create product trails to monitor the legacy benefits of attending shows.
- Manage the creation of an agreed number of social media postings per day
- Ensure customers and supporters receive prompt responses via social media.
- Maintain the “charity voice” and tell the project’s story using agreed tone, style and character
- Work with all member of the team to plan and generate stories for social media postings and newsletters
- Plan and manage twitter and facebook ad campaigns
- Analyse sales statistics
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures
- Project sales and determine the profitability of products and services
- Determine discount rates or special pricing plans
- Manage payment systems in accordance with charity procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority
- Manage refunds and returned items
- Respond to telephone and internet queries and ensure effective communication is taken and maintain customer service levels
- Implement and maintain CRM systems
- Ensure all sales and communications systems are GDPR compliant.
- Improve the charity systems to increase automated systems in order to improve the customer experience and charity efficiency.
- Produce written sales reports as and when required
- Attend team meetings and work positively with colleagues to provide support in other areas as needed.
- General admin duties, including emails and arranging post/couriers.
- Have oversight of all stock control systems
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- To be agreed
- A desire to uphold the ethos of the charity and to meet social aims via fair trade
- An interest to help the charity by streamlining systems and increasing efficiency in order to support beneficiaries thousands of miles away in some of the poorest communities of the world.
- Strong people manager with experience in leading e-commerce
- Ability to combine substantial experience of website trading and content management, with strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Proven track record in turning online trading insights to drive conversion rates and delivering to critical path on time and on budget
- In-depth knowledge and experience of online retail trading channels and delivering e-commerce projects
- A genuine interest and passion for e-marketing
- In depth understanding of web design and web analytic software
- Experience of utilising CRM systems to maximum benefit
- Knowledge of Bulk Editing, Multi-Attribution modelling, Bid Management across networks, A/B testing of adverts, Google adwords
- Educated to degree level in Digital Marketing or any related field