Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Krizevac UK Manager
Contract Type: Permanent. 6-month probationary period.
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours/week; normally 9am-5pm, 30min break.
Pay: £32,000 annually, paid monthly in arrears.
Purpose of role
To ensure financial systems and reporting are sufficient for compliance with statutory bodies (HMRC and Charities Commission) as well reporting to donors and internal financial management of the charity and its trading activities. The Finance Manager will ensure that funds channelled overseas are properly accounted for and that recipient organisations have adequate systems, this will involve overseas travel, primarily to Malawi, Africa (anticipated to be twice per annum for a minimum of two weeks per trip).
• Provide sound financial advice to trustees and senior management, acting as the leading interface between management and trustees on financial matters.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the Charity.
• Ensure that the appropriate vision and processes are in place to ensure the long-term financial viability of the charity, advise directors on the financial consequences of proposed actions.
• Lead the charity’s financial strategy planning and budgeting processes ensuring strong processes are in place for resource allocation and monitoring at all levels of the charity.
• Ensure the charity is properly accountable to its donors.
• Ensure financial policies and procedures are up to date.
• Ensure appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are embedded throughout the charity at strategic and operational levels.
2. Statutory financial management
• Monthly bank reconciliations – including foreign currency accounts.
• Receive all purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised in accordance with the financial procedures
• Make payments of all authorised invoices by BACS or cheque
• Raise all invoices and requests for payment; chase outstanding invoices
• Resolve all supplier enquiries
• Implement stock control as needs be
• Receive all receipts and ensure payments are appropriately allocated
• Create appropriate book keeping entries, create accruals where necessary
• Manage all aspects of payroll administration.
• Ensure appropriate backups of financial information are stored off site.
• Provide and/or co-ordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice to the charity.
• Prepare SORP accounts and arrange audit.
3. Producing and presenting financial reports
• Prepare monthly management accounts including P&L v budget and Balance Sheet.
• Prepare a quarterly financial report for trustees.
• Cash flow forecasting at appropriate intervals.
• Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required.
4. Providing external interface
• Manage a grant-giving process and ensure regular reporting from beneficiary organisations.
• Assess the capability of financial management in recipient organisations and identify ways of filling knowledge and skill deficits, offering training where needs be.
• Advise on legal and statutory compliance by beneficiaries
• Meet with banks, auditors, pension funds, investment managers, consultants and charity finance specialists as needs be.
• Completion & submission of Annual Returns for Charity Commission.
• Preparation of P11Ds
• Pension Administration
• Prepare & submit Gift VAT, tax and Gift Aid claims
• Assist with the financial aspects of grant applications, project proposals and contracts.
• Identify grant opportunities and assist with applications.
• Attend regular meetings with Senior Management and Trustees.
Anything else commensurate with the skills and competencies of the post.
•A desire to uphold the ethos of the charity and to meet social aims via fair trade
•An interest to help the charity by streamlining systems and increasing efficiency in order to support beneficiaries thousands of miles away in some of the poorest communities of the world
.• Qualified ACA, CIMA, or ACCA
• Experience of Financial Management at a similar level
• Experience in the Charitable sector is essential
• Knowledge and experience of payroll functions and processes
• Knowledge and experience of a proprietary Finance System preferably Sage 50 (experience of linking Sage to e-commerce systems would be an advantage)
• Line management or training of Financial Staff and coordination of those involved in contract support but not directly managed
• Strong organisational skills and experience.
• Proactive problem solving skills
• Ability to challenge others, at all levels, to achieve a high standard of practice.
• Personable, with ability to enthuse and motivate others and enjoy working in a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative and function effectively without immediate support.
• Ability to constantly assess your priorities and work flexibly.
• Identifies and keeps up to date on key external policies and economic, political, and social trends that affect the organisation.