1 day left
- Full Time
Apex Chambers is a Barristers Chambers based in Cardiff.
We are looking for Assistant Criminal Clerk to join our team.
Carry out general administrative duties to include
Operation of various cloud based document management systems DCS, CJSM EGGRESS Evidence.com
Using chambers management system for the collection and distribution of documents both electronic and in paper format to the correct barrister within chambers.
Respond to incoming emails and telephone calls in relation clerking enquires.
Working closely with the local courts in order to manage our cases through the court process.
Arrange conferences and court appointments for barristers according to their availability and rearrange appointments when necessary.
Discuss with Solicitors the suitability of Counsel for case s taking into account any specialisation, experience and availability. Check for conflicts on cases before confirming any bookings. Keeping Solicitors informed of any potential diary clashes and making new arrangements if needed to avoid these clashes/ making new arrangements where it cannot be avoided.
Proactively seeking work for chambers by liaising with Solicitors and taking part in any marketing activities such any seminars and any marketing events.
Manage the receipt and return of DVDS which contain sensitive material and manage the recycling of confidential material in the appropriate manner.
Starting salary will be £16.500 – £18.000 depending on experience
Working hours are normally 9am – 5.30 pm five days a week.
What to expect:
The role is based in Chambers but you may be required to attend Court or other locations if necessary. There is often a vibrant atmosphere around chambers and the work may be pressurised. You will be working with barristers with a heavy case load so must not be intimidated or overawed by the environment.
Ideally you will need to some experience of working within the legal profession or a busy office environment however full training will be given.
You will need:
- Strong face to face communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, barristers, solicitors, court officials.
- An awareness of appropriate language and etiquette
- Good telephone manner and written skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good commercial awareness and sales skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be computer literate.
- The ability to retain and disseminate information
- Initiative, integrity, and self motivation
- Organisation and planning ability, to handle several cases at different stages concurrently
- The ability to work under pressure especially when a court deadline is approaching.
- The capacity to work as part of a team.
- Dedication to having a career as a barrister’s clerk
Closing date as the 21st January.
To apply please forward a CV and covering letting by clicking on the apply button.
Apply for Barristers Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly