Quality Engineer - (Aviation/Aircraft Maintenance)
Reports to: The Quality and SMS Manager
Reporting to the Quality and SMS Manager Airworthiness the Quality Engineer is responsible for assisting with the assurance of the Quality system in an aircraft maintenance environment in accordance with the requirements of various regulatory bodies such as EASA Part 145, Part M and CAA with regard to the maintenance approvals the company holds.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct internal/external scheduled audits and inspections.
- Maintaining the independence of the Quality Department such that the Company complies with Part 145.A.65(c).
- Maintaining and management of the company MOR, IOR reporting schemes as required by Part 145.A.60.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of EASA Part 145, Part 66, Part M and SMS Risk based management.
- Day to day administration and control of the Quality Department and audit programme.
- Administration of the Company Manuals.
- Administration of the Company Authorisation System to comply with current legislation such that staff meet the requirements of Part 145.A.35 as appropriate.
- Conducting investigations and preparing reports on quality, technical and maintenance issues using MEDA for the Authorities, Quality Manager Airworthiness and the Accountable Manager as appropriate.
- Managing and administering Non-Conformances.
- Negotiations with Manufacturers/Vendors on Quality matters relating to Maintenance of customer aircraft.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in an airline, maintenance, quality safety environment
- Demonstrable ability to conduct audits
- Understanding of EASA Part 145
- Understanding of EASA Part M
- Ideal, but not essential, holder of an EASA Part 66 AML
- Understanding of Q-Pulse Quality Management Software
- Understanding of Microsoft Office based programs
If you have the relevant skills and experience and feel that this could be the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.