Health & Safety Officer
Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a Health & Safety Officer.
The post is fixed term for one year to cover maternity.
As a Health and Safety Officer, the position involves the implementation of company procedures and safety standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for safety management within various areas of the business.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, self-motivated and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Equally important will be problem solving capabilities.
The job entails high levels of flexibility and commitment to ensure that requirements are met in a demanding environment. The candidate should also have a high level of computer literacy.
* Manage and maintain the company safety management system
* Assist with implementation and compliance of the company wide health and safety policies and procedures
* Manage, develop and maintain the incident reporting and investigation programme
* Assist in the development and delivering of training programmes for all staff and contractors
* Maintain adequate records on health and safety issues
* Assist in the preparation and submission of reports
* Outlining safe operational procedures
* Manage, develop and maintain the risk assessment programme
* Preparing health and safety strategies
* Report to HSE Manager and Department Manager
* Candidates should as a minimum hold a NEBOSH National Certificate
* Experience working in the health and safety sector
* Working knowledge of UK health and safety legislation
If interested please send CV via the apply link