Chemical Engineer / Process Engineer - Chemical
Job Title: Chemical Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has led the field of fluid engineering for over 70 years. Specialists in understanding how fluids behave, how they interact with each other and how they react with their surroundings, they take a problem solving approach to design, develop, validate and optimise processes for the benefit of their clients. Established in 1947, and privately owned since 1989, they are based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
The Company is looking for experienced chemical process engineers with a technical specialisation in one or more of the following areas.
- Industrial process mixing
- Chemical reactor design
- Process intensification
- Nanoparticle manufacturing processes
- De-aggregation/de-agglomeration of fine particles
- Complex rheology
- Slurry transport
- Industrial chemistry
- MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline with a solid knowledge of fluid dynamics
- Competence in experimental testing, accurate reporting of results and data analysis
- A practical aptitude
- Good verbal communications
- The ability to write clear reports
- The ability to organise themselves and to prioritise competing targets
- Ability at planning & project management
- Evidence of working within multi-disciplinary teams
- A willingness to work within tight timescales
- Programming skills
- Proven experience in using mesh generation tools, commercial CFD software (preferably ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+ and OpenFOAM) and/or FEA (preferably ANSYS Mechanical) and developing UDFs
On a more personal level, a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement is essential. In addition, applicants should be team players with good written and oral communication skills, a strong drive, 'can do' attitude and a high level of enthusiasm for their work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.