Contract Management Officer - Council
Job Title: Contract Management Officer
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £25,212 - £29,614 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
The Council's Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. They are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Their vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you will ensure that contract change and management is effectively delivered and support the Council to ensure that goods and services provide value for money, raise standards, and deliver continuous improvement and efficiencies through the provision of sound advice, effective contract management.
You will protect the interests of the Council and service users through application of robust contract management systems, processes and practice, in partnership with a range of key stakeholders.
- Significant experience of working in contract management role in a local authority or large complex organisation
- Experience of undertaking contract management activities across a range of complex, high value, high-risk contracts and managing supplier performance, effectively in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of contract management systems and processes and how they can be used to raise standards, minimise risk, raise standards and ensure continuous improvement is essential
- Able to produce accessible, accurate and reliable information, in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to think laterally and effectively support the planning, organisation and delivery of procurement and contract management activities
- A Level standard qualification or equivalent or business related NVQ and CIPs Level 4 Diploma (Industry Specific Qualification) is desirable
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers - they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Contracts Specialists, Contracts Officer, Contract Management, Tender Officer, Contracts Coordinator, Contracts Administrator, Procurement Officer, Supplier Manager, Contract Information Management Specialist, Assistant Project Coordinator may also be considered for this role.