PA to Executive Headteacher
Required as soon as possible
D21, FTE – D32, FTE £29,055 (pro rata £18,397 – £26,022)
E31, FTE £28,221 – E39, FTE £35,229 (pro rata £25,275 – £31,552)
Flexibility around hours is necessary, as there will be occasional early starts or evening events that you are required to attend.
Park Hall Academy is a fantastic school, embedded in the Castle Bromwich community. Situated minutes from Junction 5 of the M6 and Junction 7 of the M42, we are ideally located for easy access. We are the highest performing school in the area with a positive atmosphere and ethos that is unparalleled. As part of the Arden Multi-Academy Trust, there is the opportunity for exceptional training and the sharing of knowledge and ideas.
Due to the changes within the Multi Academy Trust and Senior Leadership Team at Park Hall Academy, we are looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to the Executive Headteacher.
The key responsibilities for this post are as follows (a comprehensive job description is available):
- The delivery of accurate and timely administrative services and functions to the Executive Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team, governing body of the school, parents and carers and other key stakeholders.
- Management and organisation of the Executive Headteacher’s diary.
- To be confident in the use of the school SIMS system, Microsoft Office, Oracle & HR systems.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively and efficiently, completing high volumes of workload as and when demands require, is essential. Availability out of hours is required when special circumstances apply, e.g. Ofsted preparation.
- Show resourcefulness in dealing with competing deadlines and priorities in a busy school environment.
- Show a highly organised and calm professional attitude at all times showing a proactive not reactive attitude to the role.
- Complement high-quality work using both MS Office and school systems in a timely and precise manner.
- Experience of Outlook is essential.
- Have an excellent eye for detail, e.g. consistency in ‘house’ style.
- This post will also include the management of staff.
We are a GOOD school. Our Ofsted in November 2017 highlighted our many Good and Outstanding features. We are the highest performing school in North Solihull with a positive Progress 8 score for the last two years of publication. Our percentage of Grade 5 or above in the Basics has continued to improve year on year and this reflects our desire to be Outstanding. We are a school with a very strong Sixth Form with results among the best in the country.
We promise to offer you both a stimulating and highly rewarding experience in return for your motivational skills and good practice. Opportunities do not arise very often to work in a vibrant school like Park Hall and we are delighted to be offering the chance for someone to join the team.
Application forms are available from our website: www.parkhallschool.org.uk
They should be completed in full and attached to a letter of application of no more than 2 x A4 sides explaining how you are suitable for this role. CVs not accepted. Please address all correspondence to Mrs J Darnley, PA to Associate Headteacher or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14 January 2019 at 9.00am
Arden Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.