Please note applications by completed application form only, CVs or Agency referrals will NOT be accepted.
Maintenance Technician (Full Time) £17k-£18k depending upon experience.
Duties and responsibilities.
- To ensure high standards of property and site maintenance are achieved as agreed with management.
- Undertake painting and decorating, repairs and planned maintenance to ensure the effective upkeep of the hotel, gardens, rental properties and GFTU offices to a safe and high standard.
- Apply knowledge and experience of site maintenance, electrical work, plumbing and carpentry to the role as required, liaising with the site manager and external contractors when specialist work is needed.
- Operating within the organisation’s policies and procedures and the legislative requirements of the role, ensuring that safety and work-related qualifications are maintained up to date.
- Respond to feedback from staff, customers and management in a timely manner to ensure the standards of maintenance do not detract from the overall experience of people using the premises.
- Perform daily monitoring checks and either resolve issues or escalate concerns regarding maintenance to management so that remedial action or longer-term solutions can be planned.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the role from time to time as may be required requested by a member of management.
Person specification. Essential.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Positive outlook and determination to succeed.
- High levels of professionalism.
- Ability to work in a team and alone.
- Ability to prepare a preventative maintenance schedule and executes in a timely fashion.
- General understanding of resources equipment and tools used for maintenance and the upkeep of the site.
- Experience and understanding of operating within the legislative framework of the role including health and safety, manual handling, safe use of equipment and materials, etc.
- Qualified trades person (electrician, plumber, painter and decorator etc.).
- Current first aid, COSHH and health and safety qualifications.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Ian Richards on email@example.com
For an application form, person specification, and background to the post please contact Ian Richards, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be returned by 12 noon 4th February 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th February 2019.