Finance Officer (Full Time) £24k
Finance Officer (Full Time) £24k
Ultimate accountability is to the General Secretary on behalf of the GFTU Executive Committee through the Head of Finance
The production of accurate and timely multiple management accounts for the Finance Department as required, but in the first instance focussing on the provision of full financial assistance to the hotel side of the operations and the production of management accounts for the GFTU and GFTU Educational Trust.
The preparation of VAT returns, tax returns, annual returns, year-end documentation, P11d, P60s, financial reports, P&L accounts and BS, documents submission and filing, management accounts and year end accounts as per statutory regulations.
Ensuring accurate data entry and statistical reporting in a timely manner. Meeting the needs and requirements per each organisation, liaising with service users and clients and to assist the Head of Finance in general financial matters as required.
To provide a high quality service to individual organisations and to contribute to the long term development of the finance function.
To ensure a consistently high level of customer care is provided to all clients who use the accountancy services and committees within the organisation.
To assist in all aspects of the work undertaken by the Finance Department as directed by the Head of Finance.
Key areas of work:
1. Preparing financial reports P&L accounts, balance sheet, and management accounts with KPIs, commentaries, statistical reports and statements to meet all deadlines. Interpreting the results, and providing written reports of data analyses.
2. Preparing VAT returns, tax returns, annual returns, tax-year documentation and reconciliation. Submission and filing to HMRC, Companies House, Charity Commission and relevant authority.
3. Assisting year end statutory accounts, reconciling all profit and loss and balance sheet items. Preparing supportive schedules and providing document and evidence for the file.
4. Liaising between the clients and the organisation.
5. Monitoring the incomes and expenditures. Providing reports and analysis on performance.
6. Assisting the Head of Finance in developing procedures.
7. Maintaining regular reporting, both verbal and written, to the Head of Finance as well as attending meetings.
8. Ensuring manual and computerised records are accurately maintained and updated regularly.
9. Ensuring procedures are followed. Explaining and reinforcing the procedures to users.
10. Working collaboratively and in a supportive manner within the team, to ensure that the overall aims and objectives are achieved.
11. Maintaining absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data in line with data protection.
· To attend and participate in meetings, to work within a team culture providing support and encouragement to all team members regardless of job role.
· To develop positive and professional relationships with all team members.
· To attend training, participate in supervision and appraisal processes and quality assurance of own work.
· To maintain high standards of health, safety, hygiene and secure working environment within agreed Health & Safety policies and procedures. To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others.
· To attend occasional meetings and events outside normal working hours or normal place of work.
This job description outlines the main functions and responsibilities of the post. The post holder may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job at the request of the Head of Finance.
The post holder is required to carry out their duties in accordance with equal opportunities policies.
This job description is subject to periodic review and there is a mutual responsibility from the manager and the post-holder to discuss proposed amendments in supervision meetings.
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Doug Nicholls on firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, person specification, and background to the post please contact Claire Ryan, email@example.com. Applications must be returned by 12 noon 11th February 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing 19th February 2019.