Senior Software Engineer
Automation Experts Ltd -
Immediate Job Opportunity
Senior Software Engineer - Embedded
Ref SC 20333
Senior Embedded Software Engineer sought to implement embedded software system designs which meet agreed functional design requirements.
Primary Responsibilities of Position
- Write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements
- Develop software designs and architectures that you and/or your colleagues will implement
- Implement and verify system designs, whilst satisfying agreed necessary conditions for quality, reliability, maintainability and cost
- Lead and take part in design and code reviews
- Computing/ Science/ Engineering Degree class 2(i) or higher
- At least 5 years' experience in real-time software development using C/C++
- Experience of developing Ethernet based communication protocols would be beneficial
- Experience of working in multi-person software development projects.
- The ability to support and lead less experienced engineers.
- Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML.
- Ability to provide guidance in the planning, organisation and prioritisation of work in a small team/project
- Ability to support the advancement of the software development processes and working practices.
- Capable of supervising 3rd party testing of the end product.
Relocation support is available, Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package, They can offer full development including Chartered Engineer status
For further information call Sarah Clarke on . Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Located in Wales, this role is commutable from within and around the following areas: Shrewsbury, Welshpool & Newtown.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving GBP500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.