We are looking for 3 Mechanics to join our team in Bristol - Hengrove.
You will be a fully qualified Skilled Technician/Mechanic with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PCV/HGV vehicles.
Ideally, you will hold a PCV/LGV driving licence or are capable of obtaining one. We are looking for a reliable individual with good attention to detail and the desire to continually learn.
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. We are continually investing in new vehicles and our entire fleet is one of the youngest in the country. Dealing with the full range of systems, your job covers diagnosis and repairs, routine examinations, servicing and parts replacement. You will also be responsible for recording job data.
The salary for this position is GBP31,374 per annum (GBP15.30 per hour) and the working hours are 38 per week. We have 2 shifts available:
* Sunday - Thursday 06.00 - 14.00 & Monday - Friday 14.00 - 22.00hrs rotating shift
* Monday - Friday 06.00 - 14.00 & Tuesday - Saturday 14.00 - 22.00hrs rotating shift.
Working as part of the team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To diagnose and carry out MOT preps, general vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with central engineering standard operating procedures
- Vehicle fault diagnostics and repair including welding and repaint where necessary
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOPs
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
- Any duty deemed reasonable by the Engineering Manager and supervisors
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
• Free travel - On our buses
• First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
• Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
• Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
• Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
Interested? Click on apply and fill in an application form!