General Ledger Accountant -FTC
Affinity Water, it flows through our name and everything we do. Everyday we supply millions of litres of safe, high quality drinking water to our customers. We are the largest water-only supplier in the UK, with a vision to become the leading community focused water company. We only recruit the best, and we are committed to helping you achieve your career goals and becoming even better than you are today.
Are you a positive, happy, friendly yet hardworking individual who's looking for an exciting move? Would you like to join a company who look after their staff and successfully make it a fun-loving environment?
We are looking for a new General Ledger Accountant to join us on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis. You will be carrying out a range of activities including journal processing, account reconciliaitions and preperation of VAT returns.
As an integral part of the team, we're looking for someone with an enthusiasm to be apart of a great team, helping to change and implement new processes.
To be successful you will ideally:
- Part Qualified - but have an Accounts background
- Ideally AAT Qualified
- Experience in General Ledger - be able to work on all balance sheet accounts, journal processing.
- Ideally but not essential to have previous General Ledger experience
- Be able to understand and apply basic accounting principles to the role.
- Understand and apply basic Regulatory principles.
- Understand key covenants and the reasons for them - could you apply basic principles?
- Understand and apply basic Company Policy principles.
- Be comfortable updating and refreshing Microsoft Office documents. Ideally be able to write basic formula tailored to the specific functionality of individual applications
If you are still reading this and thinking, I can do this! Or are looking to gain more experience within a fantastic company over the next 12 months, then please do not delay applying! - If you're keen to understand more about the role, please click on the Job Specification.