Laboratory Manager - Speciality Chemicals - South Wales
Read on for an opportunity to take an analytical or research chemistry skillset into a laboratory manager role within a speciality chemistry firm based in the South Wales region. Have you gained extensive laboratory management experience in a prior role? If you are a preferring to use your scientific skillset away from direct testing or research, then this lab manager position could well be for you.
Your day to day duties as Laboratory Manager will be:
- General duties ensuring facilities are adequately stocked and functional (analytical equipment, gas supplies, cryogenics etc)
- Liaising across a team of chemists to facilitate a highly collaborative environment
- Staying up to date with relevant regulations in terms of lab safety and chemical safety (including transport of dangerous goods)
- Implementation of policies and procedures pertinent to safety and regulations
A background in the following is required for the role:
- Relevant lab management experience in the chemical manufacturing industry
- A high degree of self motivation and communication aptitude
- Knowledge of chemical regulations
- Some higher education in a related physical/life science
Please apply immediately for consideration as my client is seeking to conduct interviews shortly and they offer a highly attractive package.
For full consideration for this opportunity please apply with your CV (2 pages max., Word document format), plus your salary, location and eligibility to work in the UK details.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why would you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.