I am currently working with a construction and civil engineering contractors based in Cardiff. They are now looking for a suitable Buyer to join their team assisting heavily within the procurement team.
My client operates in a range of sectors including New Build, Refurbishment and Renovation, Building Maintenance, Highways, Road Safety Works and Restoration. They have really established themselves within the industry building many key relationships along the way. They now operate strongly throughout Wales and the South West. A strong industry knowledge is vital along with experience of Buying within construction. There will be key duties regarding materials and procurement along with the preparation and maintenance of cost reports to maximise efficiency.
My client has been established since 2003 and has developed business with a variety of clients in the private and public sectors. They began specifically within civil engineering, then expanded into the building sector. The Buyer should expect to join a great team of ambitious and driven individuals and in return receive the relevant support in order to take a career to the next step.
Buyer Position Overview
- Preparation and maintenance of cost reports
- Participate in tender settlement stages
- Check and authorise supplier invoices
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Other Buyer duties to be discussed
Buyer Position Requirements
- Construction related degree beneficial
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Strong computer skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of working within a construction purchasing or procurement position
Buyer Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary DOE
- Full package to be discussed at interview stage
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.