Cybercrime and cyber-attacks against institutions are growing considerably in quality, quantity, and complexity, targeting both private industry and national critical infrastructure. However, a holistic approach across all security disciplines is required to ensure that these are mitigated successfully. Successful attacks against organizations can result in significant disruptions to business transactions, operations, and client activities, as well as regulatory scrutiny, reputational harm and brand tarnishment.
Overall purpose of role
The primary purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive PA support to a Managing Director, and a Director.
- Comprehensive Diary Management, scheduling appointments, ensuring "Manager" is always in the correct place on time with all relevant papers
- Organising a wide range of meetings/meeting rooms (internal/external)
- Act as the main reference point both in presence and absence of "Manager"
- Book all travel arrangements and accommodation
- Collating and circulating meeting agendas/papers
- Dealing with general correspondence as appropriate
- Processing all Expenses and IT approvals on behalf of the "Manager"
- Follow up/highlight any actions/tasks where possible
- Telephone cover
- Act as receptionist for influential customers on visits, provide hospitality as required and convey a professional image
- Providing back up administration support for other PAs as required
- Print materials, treating all materials with due care and confidentiality
- Prepare and update documents (Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc), to a high standard
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Proven Personal Assistant/secretarial experience supporting at least Director level
- Highly proficient and professional at all times with a high degree of pro-activity and forward planning capability
- Be trustworthy and able to act with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Proactive and able to take the initiative; able to take ownership of tasks and projects seeing them through to completion
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a technical or cyber area
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.