Bus Driver (Trainee or Qualified) - Bridgend
If you're looking to start an exciting new career journey or you are a qualified bus driver, we can offer you a rewarding career with a difference. As a bus driver you will be going out on the open roads in Bridgend, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience.
As a trainee bus driver you will be earning GBP8.69 per hour and you will be contracted to a 39 hours per week (this is a permanent position).
As part of our friendly and professional depot team, you'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations on time. Enjoying lots of responsibility and variety, you'll receive all the training and support you need to develop your skills, achieve your full potential and get a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence.
A friendly face who can work confidently on your own and handle cash responsibly, you must be passionate about providing the best service to our passengers. Aged 18 or above, you should also be helpful, reliable and a good communicator. Happy to work a variety of flexible shifts including early mornings, late evenings and weekends, you'll need to be calm under pressure and have a full driving licence with no more than 3 points.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel. For GBP6 per day you can take the train all the way to London and back!
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
Cymru East is made up of three Depots that work as one team. We have Maesteg, Bridgend and Port Talbot, with a total staff of 210. No matter which of the three depots in East you chose, you can guarantee that you will be made to feel like part of the Cymru family.
Bridgend is the second largest depot in East Cymru with 75 drivers. Bridgend depot is the home of comedy and large personalities. They are a great team where nothing is too much trouble and new starters are welcomed like old friends.
As a Bus Driver, you will be at the forefront of our business, delivering high quality customer service to our passengers and operating bus services not only within the city limits, but also out to a more rural road network.
So, put your customer service skills into action and discover more and apply!