We are looking to recruit a high calibre marketing manager to lead on our award winning marketing team.
As a Marketing Manager you will be inspiring and have lots of energy and enthusiasm in taking our products to the next level in terms of marketing and awareness. This role is very exciting as it spans across a range of different products, areas and brands. You would be responsible for shaping our marketing in order to generate organic growth using various different channels. You will be an experienced marketeer, preferably within a transport industry and be able to demonstrate your ability to apply creativity, innovative thinking, coupled with data to apply the best campaigns and first class marketing to deliver great returns on investment
First Hampshire, Dorset & Berkshire operates from 9 depots throughout three counties and carries around 29 million passengers per year with high quality road passenger services to many markets from rural bus services in Dorset to urban services in Southampton, to award winning BRT services in Fareham and high quality coach services in Berkshire.
- Co-ordination and project management within the Region, external agencies, and suppliers to produce campaigns that are effective and clearly communicated.
- Support in the design and production of communications material that is on brand, and good quality.
- Assist in the development of the brands across communication guidelines and:
- Maintain a current knowledge of new media channels and to take advantage of emerging technology in its communications, working with web development manager to achieve this.
- Assist on development of e-marketing systems and their delivery on time and budget.
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, but objectively in order to achieve the right marketing mix to achieve objectives.
- To be at ease with copywriting, creative evaluation, proof reading, and production proofing processes.
- Assist in the marketing support to other functions within the Commercial Team.
- Assist in promotion of local campaigns, in conjunction with colleagues.
- Identify and develop joint initiatives with third parties in the interest of the internal and external customer.
- Liaise with, external agencies and internal departments to ensure activity is evaluated, approved, and communicated clearly.
- Responsible for ensuring that all advertising or promotional material used externally and internally is accurate and clearly reflects the appropriate brand.
- Co-ordinate and manage specific customer and market research projects and ensure full evaluation and appropriate action planning takes place.
- Manage and develop the operating company websites.
- Ensure that all activity has an appropriate critical path and calendar plan, and that the workflows are managed effectively, within time, and budget parameters.
- Co-ordinate with Group Marketing, UK Bus PR, and UK Bus Retail Sales team in order to generate cohesive and effective campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure, and be a problem solver.
- To have a positive 'can do' attitude and have good interpersonal communications skills.
- Have an understanding of the different production processes for marketing to our customers.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Marketing Executive workload and priorities
- Manage, co-ordinate, and assess roadside publicity and the relevant teams.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Business acumen
- Commercial awareness.
- Customer focus.
- Computer literate.
- Solution focussed.
- Marketing/Promotional skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Certificate in Marketing - is desirable
You'll be rewarded with the most valuable and wide ranging rewards package in the UK transport industry, including free travel on all First bus services, discounts on rail travel and in most major high street.