Full time, Monday - Friday
GBP18,000 - GBP24,000 (dependent on experience)
Our client is a niche manufacturer of bespoke metal fabrications for target industries based in the UK and abroad. They offer a friendly but focused team environment where development and responsibility are nurtured and encouraged.
Due to continuing growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, Mechanical Draughtsperson who is looking to develop their skill-set and experience. This close-knit team environment offers a good opportunity to learn alongside seasoned Design and Project Engineers.
You will report to the Design Manager and collaborate with all departments to bring clients design aspirations to life. This is an office based position however some travelling will be required to attend client meetings therefore a driving license is required.
- Producing fully comprehensive accurate BOM's for equipment
- Producing manufacturing/assembly drawings for equipment
- Liaising with customers to prepare for site installations
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure quality and deadline targets are met
- Working with internal electrical and software departments to ensure design parameters are met
- Keeping standard product models and BOM's up to date
- Evaluating engineering change requests and implement accordingly
- Working with sales/spares departments to provide after sales support
- Providing accurate costing for sales and running projects
- Mechanical / Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Confident using Solidworks 3-D
- Some experience of AutoCAD would be beneficial
- A good understanding of all Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience or a good understanding of sheet metal design/fabrication
- Solid understanding of air flow mathematics and principles
- Excellent eye for detail
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to manage work loads and prioritise time effectively
- A driven personality with ambition to develop a career
- A friendly and approachable nature who will be able to develop client relationships
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment business for the purpose of this position. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer. Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible so if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. **If you are currently registered Office Angels and interested in this role please do not apply, instead contact your consultant**
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy