My Client based in Camborne requires a Caretaker with immediate effect.
This role offers 25 hours + per week. It is initially on a short term basis but could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
To be successful, you must be DBS checked.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To undertake general maintenance of building and facilities, practical support in arrangements for meetings/events and to assist in maintaining the security of buildings.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To act as joint keyholder for the site, ensuring security at all times including the operation of alarms.
2. To report any major defects in building, equipment and security systems observed in the course of duties and to liaise with approved contractors / County Officials. To visually monitor the condition of fire extinguishers, ensuring all extinguishers are regularly serviced and that hoses and fire blankets are kept in good condition.
3. To participate in evacuation processes as agreed and in accordance with the Recognised Evacuation Procedure.
4. To assist in the collection and disposal of all refuse and ensure the buildings and grounds are free of litter and graffiti. To ensure, in winter especially, that access roads, pavements are safe for use at all times.
5. To maintain an adequate stock of cleaning materials from approved suppliers and to ensure rooms are stocked with soap, towels etc. To undertake emergency cleaning (soiling of toilets, sickness, floods etc.) as necessary.
6. To undertake spring cleaning, including some high level cleaning.
7. To undertake the efficient operation of the heating system, ensuring it’s in good working order.
8. To record and monitor gas / electricity / water (as applicable) meter readings/returns as required by the Authority.
9. To take deliveries of stores, materials and other goods and to undertake porterage duties as required (including moving furniture, equipment etc).
10. To be available for call-out on a rota basis.
11. To undertake occasional gardening duties.
12. To undertake routine maintenance and minor refurbishment of premises, fixtures and fittings as necessary.
13. To maintain records and complete paperwork as required.
14. To attend site meetings as required.
15. To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
A minimum of 2 years practical experience of building and grounds maintenance work. 3 years practical experience of building and grounds maintenance work in a school or similar environment.
Qualifications & Training
Level 2 NVQ, GNVQ or GCSE qualifications plus suitable trade qualification (or relevant experience). Level 1 qualifications may be considered if accompanied by extensive relevant experience.
Basic Health & Safety qualification.
Lifting & manual handling training.
High level cleaning safety training.
Special Knowledge & Skills
Good practical skills.
Good organisational skills.
Good communication skills.
General knowledge of building maintenance
This position will go quickly, if you meet the criteria above please get in touch ASAP.
Cornwall Staff Agency are a recruitment agency working on behalf and with the permission of their client.
Apply for Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly