We have spent the last eighteen months successfully building a first class recruitment team and are seeking to recruit an established recruiter to focus on securing talent primarily for our editorial roles. This position is based within our Liverpool Echo city centre offices.
Our mission is simple; to provide an outstanding candidate and stakeholder experience. You will be required to use a variety of recruitment tools to drive candidate attraction, playing a pivotal role in the continued improvement of an established inhouse model.
Supported by a friendly and experienced team, you will support in the delivery of an exceptional recruitment service that meets organisational targets for internal stakeholders and provides a first class recruitment experience for all applicants.
You will be a proven recruiter, preferably with experience of sourcing talent for entry and mid-level roles across multiple disciplines. This is an ideal opportunity for a social media savvy individual to join a forward thinking, digital first business.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles including the Liverpool Echo and The Manchester Evening News.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Proactive sourcing of candidates and coordinating the entire recruitment process for c30 roles at any one time
- Responsibility for end to end recruitment for all regional editorial roles (UK wide)
- Acting as a subject matter expert for hiring managers who have not used the service before
- Identify the need for recruitment agency usage and conduct process in line with the agreed recruiting process
- Proactively build talent pools across multiple geographical areas using relevant job boards and Linkedin
- Utilising broadbean technology to advertise on relevant job boards and monitor all recruitment activity
- Schedule and conduct initial screening interviews for all candidates shortlisted at initial stage before submitting to hiring manager
- Deliver an exceptional service to Hiring Managers to positively build on the reputation of the internal recruitment service across the business
- Provide a first-class recruitment experience to all internal and external applicants throughout process, delivering robust and timely feedback
- Promote a positive Company image to candidates throughout recruitment cycle
- Escalate any agency performance issues to the Recruitment Manager
- Attend job fairs and career events as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Enjoy recruitment with experience of recruiting and sourcing talent for hard-to-fill roles
- Be a proficient user of Linkedin with the ability to form and develop strong networks with candidates
- Be comfortable managing a high volume workload and agency partners
- Be able to demonstrate experience working to targets and comfortable taking full accountability for end to end recruitment vacancies
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to heath and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.