Community Sports Coach
Colchester United's Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
The role as our Community Sport Coach offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
To deliver high quality multi-sport school & community based coaching for all ages enabling individuals to develop their abilities to their potential and enjoy physical activity which will encourage them to sustain activity levels. Provide support to the Senior Team to deliver funded projects for Colchester United Football in the Community.
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidates desirable qualifications would be; NGB Level 2 coaching qualification, FA Youth Modules, up to date Safeguarding and Emergency Aid. All eligible candidates must have a full UK driving licence and DBS checked.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To support in the delivery of the CUFITC Sports activities
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- To support with CUFITC administration as required
- To liaise with Schools concerning CUFITC day to day operation
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications
- To undertake appropriate training
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, pre-employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Level 2 NGB award
- FA Youth Modules
- Multi-Skills Training
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle
- Member of the FA licences club
- PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- FA Youth Module 3
- One other national governing body qualification
- Futsal Level 1
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes
40 hours per week
GBP16,000, OTE GBP17,000 - A company pool vehicle and business mobile phone are also included