Chemistry Production Manager - Chemicals/Pharma - Wales
If you are an experienced production or shift manager from a chemical manufacturing facility then this could be a new challenge for you - within an ambitiously growing site and corporate backing to expand further, this is a great time to accept a new challenge for this client in the chromatography and speciality chemicals production sector is seeking a senior appointment for their site in the Cardiff area.
Your day to day duties as Chemistry Production Manager will be:
- Managing a team of scientists preparing batch-scale high-margin products
- Ensuring projects develop within a regulatory framework
- The development of staff
- Plant support and production troubleshooting
- Liaising with other departments to optimise product success
A background in the following is required for the role:
- Relevant team management experience in the chemical manufacturing industry
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a chemistry field
- Project management experience leading to new product launch is desirable
- Any knowledge of chromatography or polymer-based products is highly relevant
Please apply immediately for consideration as my client offers a highly attractive package.
For full consideration for this opportunity please apply with your CV (2 pages max., Word document format), plus your salary, location and eligibility to work in the UK details.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why would you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.