Financial Accounting Manager
Financial Accounting Manager
Born from humble beginnings in 1817, Ernest Jackson provides a wide range of healthcare products to keep families at their best. We are part of a leading group that includes some of the world’s best-known confectionery, food, and beverage brands.
We are now looking for a Financial Accounting Manager to join us in Crediton, which is commutable from Exeter, Okehampton, Taunton, Plymouth and Barnstaple.
- Salary of £35,000 - £39,000 DOE
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Contributory pension (up to 4%)
- 35 days’ holiday allowance per annum (incl. Bank Holidays; option to purchase additional annual holiday)
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits programme
- Free ’fit for life’ medical assessments
- Paid community volunteering days
- Online university learning materials
- Access to international group job vacancies
- Participation in frequent social events
Part of one of the world’s most successful food and pharma manufacturing groups, Ernest Jackson offers a host of attractive benefits and increments to ensure you are well rewarded for your hard work.
We pride ourselves on fostering a high-performing and collaborative culture where employees are supported to develop and enhance their knowledge and abilities.
You will have the chance to make a positive, lasting impact on our Finance Department, increase your leadership skills and help shape a dedicated team.
As the Financial Accounting Manager, you will provide financial accounting support to the company. You’ll also act as a business partner to the local management team, providing genuine insight, and ensuring a high standard of financial control.
Managing a Credit Controller and Accounts Payable Clerk, you will lead, coach and develop your team, offering support and assistance to enable them to achieve their targets and career goals.
Your duties will also involve:
- Managing the statutory accounts and external audit process
- Compiling VAT returns and bank statement reconciliations, Intrastat submissions and sales data
- Reviewing the sales and purchase ledgers
- Consolidating P&L forecasts each month
- Identifying ways to enhance processes in the Finance Department
To be considered as a Financial Accounting Manager, you will need:
- Financial control and/or statutory accounting experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to extract and manipulate data
- An accounting qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- A meticulous approach
Ideally, you’ll have strong people management skills and experience, but this isn’t essential.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Accounting Manager, Finance Manager, Finance Department Manager, Management Accountant, Qualified Accountant or Accountant.
Those from a Finance, Financial, Accounting, Accountancy, or Accounts background and with the skills listed above are also encouraged to apply.
Webrecruit and Ernest Jackson are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as a Financial Accounting Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.