Schlumberger has an opening for a Data Scientist in the Data Analytics Group at the Schlumberger Well Construction Nerve Centre in Cambridge, UK. The Data Scientist will have an interest in industrial applications of Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, and data infrastructure. They will be responsible for applications in Well Construction using the latest methods in Data Analytics (Business Intelligence) and Data Science (including Artificial Intelligence and the use of data infrastructure).
We are seeking a highly motivated data scientist to work together as part of a team including Well Construction domain experts and scientists. The role requires a strong fundamental understanding of a broad range of methods in data science, with responsibilities including:
- The application of Data Mining and Machine Learning techniques to solve problems in Well Construction, including the use of Deep Neural Networks, and the selection and tuning of Data Mining Algorithms.
- The analysis of text data to extract business intelligence. Including the use of Natural Language Processing techniques, smart crawling systems, and parsing of data.
- The use of data infrastructure, including Data Warehouses, and issues relating to data and network security.
- The use of tools for interacting with data infrastructure, including merge and sort algorithms, and the use of SQL to communicate with databases.
- The use of tools such as Tableau for the visual analysis of Well Construction data.
- Communication of concepts and results to relevant stakeholders.
The position will report to the Nerve Centre Data Analytics Manager.
M.Sc. in Computer Science
Experience and Competencies – Knowledge experience required – min 2 years :
- Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Highly proficient in Matlab or Python.
- Knowledge of other languages such as C++/C#, Java, R, and Perl.
- Use of tools such as SQL servers, Jupyter Notebook, TensorFlow, and Docker.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please upload your CV on careers.slb.com stating the subject title ‘SLB Cambridge Data Scientist’.
This offer is valid until Jan 2nd 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Apply for Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly