Lecturer in Business
To provide inspirational teaching on a range of Business subjects on Level 2-3 FE courses. To undertake other duties associated with the role of a Band 1 Lecturer.
- Teach effectively across a range of Business courses at FE level across the Area. This includes designing schemes of work/learning plan, session plans, assessment material, preparation of resources, delivery, marking and student interviewing/guidance.
- Carry out appropriate assessment activities including marking students' work, designing and setting assessed work.
- Monitor standards of students' work against awarding body guidelines using effective tracking systems and working closely with programme managers and the lead verifier. Clear expectations are given to students.
- Aspirational targets are set, promoted and monitored for all students
- Provide effective personal and academic support for student groups through Individual Learning Plans as well as providing support and guidance to students during teaching, delivering and assessment activities.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management and administration of the units taught.
- Support programme managers through innovative approaches to the existing curriculum and the development of new areas of study.
- Promote Business courses at the College through schools liaison, open events, student interviews and any other marketing and publicity activities as required.
- Liaise with industry/employers quality work experience and organise enrichment opportunities e.g. live projects, talks and trips for students.
- As part of a course team, undertake pastoral, administration and curriculum development responsibilities.
- Participate in periodic and annual evaluation procedures and processes and communicating outcomes to senior colleagues as required.
- To call, attend and contribute to team meetings as appropriate.
- Work to promote and apply the College's safeguarding and Child protection policy and practices.
- Promote and apply the College's Equality & Diversity policy and practices.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of the Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute