Shop Manager (Monmouth)
3 days left
- Full Time
To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
To make as much money as possible to overcome poverty and suffering
About our Oxfam Shops:
Open for business since 1948, Oxfam shops are at the heart of the charity and their community, raising vital funds and increasing public awareness of what we do. They are always guided by our values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness and focussed on making as much money as possible.
The Role of our Shop Managers:
Commercially aware and constantly looking for new business opportunities, shop managers motivate their teams and create a safe and energised work environment. They have high standards, a strong drive to achieve results and are accountable for their business.
The role of the shop manager is empowered, varied, busy and gives the opportunity to work with some amazing people. Shop managers are pivotal for the success of our business and can make a real difference. Oxfam operates a volunteer operating model, in which volunteers are empowered to take over most of the tasks within the shop, including running the shop in the manager’s absence.
Often the only paid member of staff, our managers are comfortable in this environment, really enjoy working with others and are great at delegating to their teams. Excellent communicators, they are creative, and always look for opportunities to attract new supporters every day.
Key Skills and Competencies required;
- Significant leadership qualities and experience. (E)
- Ability to build, retain and develop a team. (E)
- Strong drive to achieve results through others. (E)
- Ability to delegate, coach and listen. (E)
- Enjoys working with people and has a friendly and approachable manner. (E)
- Ability to manage time under conflicting priorities. (E)
- Ability to demonstrate resilience to the everyday pressures that come with the role. (E)
- Excellent communication skills.(E)
- Ability to motivate self and others. (E)
- High level of motivation, enthusiasm and a sense of fun. (E)
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it. (E)
- Commercial awareness and judgement. (D)
- Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising. (E)
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial reports. (D)
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. (Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheets and word processing packages. Be aware of and be open to the role of social networking and ecommerce.) (E)
Oxfam GB takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), as this role involves unsupervised access to the above-mentioned groups.
For full information surrounding DBS and the vacancy, please view the full job description.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.