We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to join our new academy, Castle Hill Academy.
We are an ambitious school and a new member academy of the Platanos Trust, a growing and high-performing academy trust. It is just the place for talented, ambitious individuals to develop their career and make their mark.
We are a school with very high expectations and a relentless drive for improvement. The ideal candidate will have outstanding skills relevant to the role to support the day to day operation of the school, with a commitment to high standards, the work ethic and ethos of the school and the Platanos Trust.
In return you will be part of a strong educational environment supported with professional development opportunities in order to equip you for further management roles.
We want you to succeed too.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (formerly known as a CRB check) and will be checked against the DBS barred list. Appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references as according to our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Applicants should complete the employment application form (found on our website) detailing in their statement their relevant skills and experience. Please return applications by post or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 10th December 2018 (or sooner if a suitable number of applications are received before this date).
Job Description: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Responsible to: Headteachers and Office Manager
Terms: Term time only, salary £18 000 to £20 000 depending on experience
Working closely with the Office Manager to ensure the following:
Main duties (Reception)
- To commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children , young people and vulnerable adults in accordance with school policies
- To be responsible for the signing in and out/monitoring the entry of all persons/visitors to the school at the main entrance checking DBS details where appropriate ensuring an appropriate form of identification is given to all visitors
- Greet all visitors in a warm and welcoming manner, dealing with all enquiries in a helpful and informative manner or when necessary, referring queries to the relevant person
- Answering incoming calls, transferring calls to relevant staff and taking any necessary messages and passing them on to the person concerned also ensuring any urgent messages are relayed to pupils and staff efficiently and in a confidential manner.
- Ensure a register is kept of pupils arriving or leaving the building outside of normal registration periods and update SIMS accordingly
- Receive changes of details from parents and pupils and action on SIMS
- Receive and distribute post and parcels in a timely manner
- To maintain and update all administrative and information systems and processes in a timely manner as required, including pupil attendance information and classroom registers, retrieving and collating information to ensure delivery of a high level reception and administration service.
- Deputise for absent colleagues as part of the office team
- To receive and send emails, text messages and faxes and forward appropriately
Main duties (Administrative):
- Provide general administrative support in the main office, as required, including:
- Arranging trips, events and other activities, including booking transport, venues, letters to parents and collecting payments and return slips
- Collection and counting money due to the school from pupils, parents and other sources and banking these in accordance with Financial Regulations
- Collect and bank charity donations
- Replicate various documents including ones of a confidential nature
- Collate and distribute newsletters, policy documents, worksheets, etc., as necessary
- Word process letters and documents
- Complete miscellaneous duties with regard to school concerts and functions, including sending out invitations, tickets and dealing with the sale of such to pupils, parents and visitors and music enrolment
- Process admission forms, collecting and checking pupil files and redirecting them appropriately
- Update files and folders on a regular basis, ensuring secure storage of confidential documents
- Complete any other duties as required of the Headteachers and other delegated persons of responsibility
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To be aware of and comply with all school policies and procedures and to report any concerns immediately ensuring the health, safety and welfare of staff and students.
- To attend and participate in meetings and trainings as required.
- To carry out any other duties as required that fall under the expectation of the role and as required by the Headteachers.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with. To carry out all duties in the context of and in compliance with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to respond to the needs of the school.
Please complete attached Application Form and email by clicking apply.