Project Management Supervisor
The White Wall Company is a specialist Artwork Installation and Fabrication Company based in Erith, Kent. The company provides services on a global stage to museums, artists, galleries and major public institutions. The White Wall Company is seeking to appoint a Project Management Supervisor who will play a key role in the oversight of all Project Managers across several departments at the business. It is a senior position reporting directly to the Directors and Head of Finance. The main responsibility of the role is to monitor all ongoing projects for quality, budget, programme, client communication and resources.
The successful candidate will boast significant experience of managing art fabrication projects from inception to completion in a senior role. You will have a track record of working effectively in the planning and delivery of major artwork commissions. You will also possess strong budgetary management skills and experience in the visual arts sector. The role has a strong client focus and it is vital that you have exceptional interpersonal skills alongside an ability to work in a diplomatic and collaborative manner in a leadership capacity.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee Project Management of major commissions from initial proposal to completion using complex database systems
- Support Company Directors with Initial Client Liaison, delivery programmes and budgets for presentation to Clients
- Planning and delivery of artwork commissions both on a national and international stage
- Editorial control of all publications, manuals and literature for works produced
- Support Company Directors with tender applications, artwork proposals and feasibility studies for new projects alongside generating detailed financial reports, informed analysis of the financial status of ongoing projects
- Strong communication skills to inform the business of any action required in response to financial analysis.
- Monitor Project + Production Managers , take ownership of all schedulesand produce detailed programmes and timelines for commissions
- Lead workshop meetings and maintain communication throughout the business
- Support and oversee Operations Manager and Artwork Storage Facility + database
- Ensure all managers are meeting obligations under Company ISO 9010 /EN 1090 Licences
- Examine and authorise RAMS, Risk Registries, permissions and contracts prior to issue
- Organisation of logistics, shipping and traffic management for the transportation of more complex commissions alongside installation and personnel schedule management specific to each project.
Finance & Marketing
- Monitor Issued Project invoices for accuracy and in accordance with payment schedules
- Provide detailed financial analysis + produce reports to present to Directors
- High level of written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience of project management + coordination of major public/private artwork commissions in heritage / public sites
- Experience of coordinating logistics, shipping and traffic management regulations for the transportation of major artworks
- Experience co-ordinating complex schedules and allocating resources accordingly
- Knowledge of the International Museum and Art Industry to allow informed discussion and Client Liaison
- Broad understanding of various art fabrication processes
- Proficient with software programmes including Office 365, Tender portal systems, Artwork Storage databases, and Microsoft Project. An in depth understanding of Rhino and Solidworks modelling programmes and platforms to be able to give clear instruction to operators on presentation material required to produce portfolios to Clients.
- Experience of financial reporting and tracking costs on Filemaker software.
- Confidence and strong leadership alongside people management, personnel schedule management and communication skills
- Open and approachable demeanour and ability to empathise with Clients and Artists during complex negotiations
- High level of focus and efficiency
Please note the position is based in an office integrated into a factory environment with on occasion noise and temperature fluctuations.