Molton Brown is seeking a Packaging Technologist to be able to develop, establish and confirm all technical aspects of all product packaging, from primary to tertiary on time right first time and to the required quality. Working with the Molton Brown (MB) brand team to take design concepts into finished products on a shelf. This includes managing colour trials, test protocols, technical development for all components as well as ensuring the finished product is filled to the MB standards following our specifications. Support Business for New Product Introductions and when needed ongoing Production.
- Obtain specifications and samples for all new components, primary to tertiary and establish standards.
- Confirm function, form and compatibility to the proposed product and proposed manufacturing process.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies that may provide new / superior benefits.
- Manage technical aspects of all bespoke Molton Brown components to meet the designated requirements of marketing and supply chain on time and in full.
- Work with manufacturing and 3rd party subcontractors to identify, set up new filling / manufacturing route and finalise specifications for scale up, samples and final production.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve existing packaging technologies to drive margin and/or performance.
- Working with suppliers to sign off products including colour approval standards specifications.
- Attend relevant product trials and first production - in UK and overseas.
- Degree in packaging technology / Packaging design ideally or proven knowledge and experience in packaging or related function.
- A good foundation in Maths and English is required ideally with some scientific or technical skills.
- Ideally 3-5 years packaging experience preferable in a premium personal care business / OR graduate from packaging design course.
- Understanding of at least 2/3 of the following technologies would be ideal ; Injection molding / carton manufacture and printing / plastic bottle blowing / glass bottle manufacture / soap making / candle glass / corrugate outers.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Good communication skills with internal departments, stakeholders and external suppliers to enable smooth execution of product launches.
- An awareness of relevant packaging technologies
- A good technical & creative eye, to give initial feedback to suppliers, before approval process.
- A good understanding of technical drawings and basic tool manufacture across a number of industries and technologies.
- Attention to detail (essential) and flair for design (nice to have). Ability to be flexible and solution led to enable NPD's to reach the market on time in full.
Remember, joining Kao means you are joining a whole family of prestige beauty brands including Goldwell, Biore, KMS California and John Frieda, leading to long-term opportunities for collaborative working and potential career movement.
To find out more about this role, our numerous brands and why 33,000 people across the globe opted for our career opportunities, and to see the full job description provided for this position, please feel free to find out more by clicking the link to apply.