Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire (Commutable from Cleethorpes, Hull and Scunthorpe)
£44,000 - £52,000 depending on skills and qualifications
Our client has an opportunity at their Grimsby TENCEL® Fibre continuous operation factory site for a qualified and experienced Automation Engineer to join the Engineering team.
Your Key Tasks
- Manage a team of Automation Technologists to ensure a sufficient service level to maintain, protect and develop the factory automation systems and infrastructure.
- Develop the automation system strategy to maximise plant reliability.
- Develop the Ageing Plant strategy from an automation perspective to minimise the impact of equipment obsolescence.
- Work with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to the fibre manufacture plant.
- Work with Project Engineers in the application of process and control solutions.
- Provide Primary support for industrial robots.
- Propose and manage capital projects including handover to the end user.
- Provide primary support for PLC and SCADA systems.
- Support & maintain drive automation systems.
- Provide technical support for instrumentation and electrical equipment as required.
- Provide technical training to technicians as required.
- Provide out of hours support.
- Applicable Automation / PLC Qualification. Ideally degree qualified.
- Proven experience of working in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of PLC / SCADA systems.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic programming.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution skills.
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- You will be able to demonstrate the highest standards with respect to health, safety and the environment.
They are looking for a dedicated, hardworking individual to share our values and principles. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they can bring the right skills and personal qualities to our Grimsby team and be able to contribute in a flexible, effective and productive way.